Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Happy 47th National Day

three... two... one... ... ... [silent mode] hehehe~ To be honest, up till now I'm crunching the shit outta my brain to relate the countdown with National Day. What's the significant of it? Do we really need to gather ramai2 and wait for the 31st August's 12 a.m bell tolls? Then what? Jerit 'merdeka!!'... Lepas tu...~? For me, the only people yg betul2 deserve to do that ialah mereka yg hidup pada 31st August 1957. I repeat, 1957. Because they were colonised on 30th, and then they breathe the air of freedom the next day onwards. For us, we were born free! So why bother celebrate our freedom dgn countdown? We don't have to 'celebrate' it. We have to think how to pertahankan our freedom. I see 'countdown' is not appropriate for it. Sama la macam bila mak kita beli nasik lemak for breakfast. We do celebrate the 'arrival' of the nasik lemak, but we don't continuously celebrate it. We have to finish it! We may think how mak kita beli nasik lemak tu. Berapa harga sebungkus? Mak gi beli naik apa? Beli dgn saper? But we really have to eat it rather than look at the nasik lemak and keep celebrating it. Then after that, we'll say..."thanks ma' for the nasik lemak~" Well, maybe we're not celebrating it the right way. Plus, naa... we all tau kan apa muda-mudi alaf baru buat di mlm merdeka. Aaa... apa aku merapu ni?! I'm not patriotic enough, am I? huhu~ Anyway, Happy National Day to all Malaysians!

As for me... I don't really bother about it. Not to say that I don't love my country. It's just that... I'm not very fond of this countdown stuff. National Day tahun lepas, I was in JB, Msia. Most of my friends went to Dataran JB to celebrate merdeka. But me and 2 other friends, went to studio and been jamming like no one's business. No cares of what happen outside. Yang aku tau, mlm tu hujan lebat. Pity them, basah kuyup di malam merdeka. Anyway, I drove to the Dataran at 3 a.m. Saja nak tgk apa event yg ada kat town. As far as I remember, nothing much sbb hujan. Tapi jln jam giler jgk. Heh~ Man, talk about jamming... I really miss my bandmates! Apa khabar korang skarang eh? We planned to release demo, tak jadi. We all parted our ways. I even wrote couple of songs. Tapi dah berkulat agaknye lagu2 tu. Hope you guys improvise 'em! Hey, aku ada simpan lagi gmbr2 masa jamming mlm merdeka last year. Haha~!! I'll attach them here!



Oh good Lord~! I thought today'll be boring day for me but it wasn't. Hari ni pegi lepak rumah Auntie Roy dgn Amen. Tolong dia potong rumput. Then she cooked dinner for us. Yumm~! Baru aku tau yg Auntie Roy ni die-hard fan Liverpool. Keh keh... she asked me, "so you're Liverpool supporter too, Arep?" I said, "support la but not to say die-hard. It's just that I grew up reading football news in times of Liverpool era, so that makes me support Liverpool more than other teams" Keh keh... padahal dalam hati, mmg aku die-hard fan Liverpool pun! Saja je cover macho depan dia... Hehehe~ Pinjam CD Kopratasa dgn dia. Haahahah~ dah lama aku nak dgr Kopratasa... ada jgk kat Bradford ni. Best, best~ Err... arr... dunno what to type dah... OK la, that's all for today... piss off, luv~!! hehe...

No comments: